Today it is #PAYIFFORWARD day for RAVE REVIEWS BOOK CLUB, and it is my honor to present to you . . .Author, Lizzie Chantree!
Lizzie is an enthusiastic inventor, businesswoman and artist. She founded her first company at the age of 17 and has been creating products and driving my family mad ever since.
Lizzie appeared on Sky News, ITV Lunchtime News, This Morning, The Gloria Hunniford show, The Big Breakfast, BBC’s Worldwide Radio Service, amongst others for becoming one of Fair Play London’s Female Innovators for inventing Runaway Spray, a ‘ladder’ stop spray for hosiery.
Lizzie lives in Essex, with her gorgeous family and a very unusual dog. In between the school run and baking cakes (or burning them!), she sits in her rooftop studio daydreaming about gaps in the market and how she can fill them.
Lizzie Chantree has written sizzling beach read; Babe Driven, Medical intrigue novel; Love’s Child and magical romance; Finding Gina. Her latest novel is set in the school playground and is about some very unusual school mums!
Now, take a look at her books!
A contemporary romance read with a magical twist! By award winning author, Lizzie Chantree.
Can a sprinkling of stardust overcome a past full of demons?
Gina had traversed the breadth of the country in her little campervan to try and find everyone on her grandmother’s list, before her father drunk himself into an early grave. She leant down and pulled the battered and worn journal from her bag and opened it to the latest page. The neatly written names were etched onto her heart and she was determined to visit every single one and compensate them in some way. Her family’s debt had to be repaid.
Lewis read another provincial story about a ‘guardian angel’ who had been helping families across the country and his reporters nose began to itch. He was sure that if he could track down the girl they were talking about, he would unearth an even bigger story. He just had to work out how to locate her and then find out what it was that she was running from!
What readers of Finding Gina are saying:
1. ‘This is the third book I have read by Lizzie Chantree and again I was very pleasantly surprised with the quality and depth of her writing. I love a good edgy romantic ‘Chick lit’ Novel and this very much reached my expectations. The characters are portrayed in such a way that you can really envisage how they look and the environments they live in; to the point that I’d love to stay with Gina in her VW van – v envious.
The story had remained with me; which isn’t always the case with Novels of this genre.
Really worth a read – Lizzie Chantree can really compete with her contemparies (I’m a long devotee to Lisa Jewell and Freya North). I look forward to her next offering.’
2. ‘A really great romance read. This book has humour and romance and kept me guessing the whole way through. Lizzie Chantree is fast becoming my new favourite author!
The main character Gina is running from her past, but discovers her future along the way. The other characters are just as interesting and I especially loved reading about Tom, the gorgeous baker who works at the tearoom and Lewis the intrepid reporter. The tearoom’s owner, Rachel is quite mean, but even she grew on me as the story progressed. She is quite a character! This would make a great holiday read and once I picked it up, I couldn’t put the book down until I had read the last page.’
3. ‘Loved this mystical story about a girl called Gina who is trying to help people who have been hurt by her grandmother. This is a love story, but it’s also about someone coming to terms with their past. Gina misses her mum and her dad is a drunk, who meddles with her life until she is forced to move out. The story hints at magical abilities and leaves you wanting to read a sequel to find out how Gina develops her newfound skills. The men in the book are pretty gorgeous and the writing is humorous and entertaining. I really enjoyed this sweet book and would recommend it to friends.’
An award-winning romantic mystery novel by author Lizzie Chantree.
Friendship, loyalty and deadly secrets.
Jemima Trent is desperate to have a designer baby to keep up with her socialite friends, reconnect with her work-obsessed husband, Lucas, and regain some respect from her domineering father.
Something curious is happening and the number of women able to conceive each year is in decline, but no one seems to know why. Dr Cole believes that the answer can be found in a warehouse full of delinquent teenagers, where David Love and his pregnant girlfriend, Tilly, have been hitting the headlines for turning youngsters’ lives around. Dr Cole’s violent and callous employer will stop at nothing to discover the reason behind their success and why girls at the warehouse are able to fall pregnant.
Jemima finally tries to step out of her father’s shadow, but discovers they are more alike than she could ever imagine. David and Tilly vow to keep their secret, but have the lessons of the past been learnt and is the world ready for the truth?
Lies, deceit and betrayal, all in the name of love!
What readers are saying about Love’s Child:
1. ‘A fabulous book with twists and turns with a little romance and plenty of feisty characters. From the super rich all the way down to the deprived areas of town Lizzie has brought all these characters together in book full of suspense and intrigue.
I can heartily recommend this as a good read.’
2. ‘I loved the story about the warehouse full of rebellious children and the people who helped them. It is also a love story and what a parent will do to protect their child and so much more including the relationships between husband, wife, father and daughter. A must read!!’
3. ‘Loved the book! Lots of fiery, and glamorous characters, but there are some who are dealing with deeper issues. A book packed full of suspense. A riveting ending that made me want to keep reading. It’s a romance novel, and it is about relationships, but it’s also about the love a parent has for their child. Highly recommended.’
4. ‘Always on the look out for a great read and this book had me hooked from start to finish. Would definitely recommend.’
5. ‘What a fantastic read. Loved every page of this book. Very talented writer. Can’t wait to read the next book!!!!!!’
Driving straight out of trouble and into paradise! A laugh out loud, contemporary romance read full of humour and exotic locations.
Harriet’s crazily successful business idea is under serious threat, and the danger seems to be coming from inside her own family. She whisks her sister and her friends away to an exotic location to try and work out whose side they are on. It’s time to start damage limitation.
When the girls arrive at the glorious villa owned by Harriet’s maverick business partner Nikki, they find a gorgeous band and their sexy lead singer Max staying next door, out to entice their new neighbours into all kinds of trouble.
This isn’t a holiday for Harriet and she can’t afford to be distracted. She has to sell her business idea to the powerful resort owner, the elusive Mr Grant, while she is there, or she may not have a business to go back to. Harriet will have to choose between family and friends, business or pleasure. For someone who stays out of the limelight, even though her new company is the hottest ticket in town, she’s going to have to avoid the front pages of every newspaper if she wants to survive the ride!
What reviewers are saying about Babe Driven:
1. ‘A great read! The story gripped me from the start and I couldn’t put the book down. The plot was intriguing as the relationships develop and some people aren’t who they appear to be! A great holiday read or indeed curled up cosy in front of the fire! ‘
2. ‘A real hoot all the way through and very entertaining. Love the authors style of writing and the characters she creates, read it over two days and would have read another one. Really rather good!’
3. ‘Light, entertaining fun read which would make the perfect companion on a summer holiday. I liked the characters, and thought the plot was quite original, hoping to see more from the author in the near future.’
4. ‘This was a fun light read. There is romance involved but it’s more than that. It’s mostly the story of a strong independent businesswoman who’s trying to save her business. She happens to be beautiful, and so everyone underestimates her. I really like this character and enjoyed the plot. You keep getting little surprises along the way that keep you guessing. I would call this a great book when you want to be distracted from all of the real worries you have in life. I’m a sucker for happy endings, so this book left me with a big smile! ‘